Why a Multi-State Road Trip Is Even Better in an EV – 5500 miles!
They traveled 5500+ miles as a family of 3 with a 4 month old. Here they share invaluable tips and insights to leverage the breaks, travel time and charge time with a infant on-board. And all this with the benefits of doing it with zero carbon emission.
- Total of 5,500 miles around the western U.S. California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
- Travelling in Ford Mustang Mach-E with a range of 304 miles but on flat route it ranged 325–340
- The most reliable charging networks were Electrify America, Charge Point and EVGo
- The charging strategy they used: We’d drive 150 to 200 miles and then take a rapid-charge break. If you’re road-tripping with kids, or simply enjoy a chance to stretch your legs, you’ll likely find charging time is not a concern at all if your car can charge at 75 kW.
- The best part of such a long distance travel is the luxury of carrying your own mini fridge! . With such a massive battery on board, plugging in a small electric cooler just cost us a mile or two of electricity each day.
You can also watch the series on YouTube
READ MORE TRIPS